Spotlight: Pet Portraits by NC

This week we are putting Enzie Shahmiri in the Spotlight


1.  Tell us about your workspace? My workspace is the area where I spend a great deal of time creating my paintings. It is filled with art and art supplies and is set up so I can work quickly and efficiently.

2. Where do you find inspiration? When people send me photos of their loved ones and their pets one look is enough for me to come up with an idea for how to make the subject look their best in a painting. After many years painting it has become second nature to know what colors would compliment and what type of backgrounds would make for a nice painting.

3. What are some of your goals, hopes, and dreams for your shop? About 99% of my portrait orders come through my websites. It took a long time for me to create a web presence and I am thrilled to say that all the hard work has finally paid off. I set reasonable goals for myself and try my best to reach them. Ideally I like to keep normal business hours and not work through most weekends. But as a one woman operation that is often not possible. So I hope to manage my time in such a way that I can take weekends off again.

4. How did you first become interested in making your products? I have always enjoyed drawing and painting as far back as I can remember. When I see a set of eyes look back at me from an otherwise empty canvas I get such a thrill. To share my passion for creating life like paintings blossomed into a full time job.

5. Do you work on your shop full time? I am now a full time artist and there are times when I even work through the weekends to meet deadlines.

6. Do any of your designs have a special personal meaning for you? I have been painting portraits professionally since 1999 and often paint pets or people who have passed on. I know how much it means to my clients to have a realistic rendition of a loved one and that translates into a very special meaning for me. I am entrusted to create portraits that keep the bond between two worlds alive. I see that as a privilege and am grateful to have acquired the skills to do so.

7. What are your goals for your business in the coming year? When orders pick up around the holidays, I might as well set up a cot in my studio, because I work long hours and often through the weekend. It would be nice to have some down time and get my weekends back. So my business goal for this year is to use time wisely to open up my weekends and get out of my studio before 6PM.







You can visit her Etsy shop by clicking on the link below

Comments

Portraits-by-NC said…
Thank you very much for the chance to be featured on your blog and the ncie write up.