Guest Spotlight with Karen Vella

In the Spotlight...




Karen of Justyrs create custom made decoration for any occasion. With 204 listings in her Etsy Shop, I'm sure you can find something special for your event or party. I was able to have a chat with her to learn more about her business.


Tell us about your work-space?
My work space for now, is my kitchen, but it’s my favorite room in the house. It has lots of light and has a beautiful countryside view, which I find very relaxing, especially if I am having a dry spell of ideas.

Where do you find inspiration? 

I am always looking in magazines and on the internet for new ideas and what are the latest trends. When I am not working on actual designs, I am on the lookout to find new ideas


What are some of your goals, hopes, and dreams for your shop? My biggest dream is to be able to work in my shop full time. For now my goal is to continue growing slowly, ensuring that my customers are satisfied with every order, no matter how small it is.

How did you first become interested in making your products?It all started when I was organizing my 40th birthday party. I did not want the usual decorations which you find all the party shops you enter. Tried to order online but I always seemed to like one part of a decoration and another part from something else. It was also very difficult to find items in my colour theme which was purple and gold. It was then that I decided that I would do my own decorations. My family and friends were very impressed and they encouraged me to start doing decorations and to start this new venture.



Do you work on your shop full time? Unfortunately I still have my full time job, but I try to dedicate as many hours as possible to my shop.

Do any of your designs have a special personal meaning for you? Not really. My aim is to customize the things according to my customers’ colour requirements and tastes. For me having a colour theme is very important and I do my best to find the exact colour they are looking for.


What are your goals for your business in the coming year? My goal is to continue increasing sales and to be able to invest in equipment which will enable to personalize my items.





Visit Her Shop Justyrs


Comments